You love to pick apart social media pages and think about what you would do to make them better. You are subscribed to a few email newsletters and read them before you get out of bed in the morning. You are a political news junkie who can name at least 10 Republicans running for office in 2022. You spend your free time making editorial calendars, sketching logos, or building websites, and you enjoy every second of it.
Does that sound like you?
Then this is exactly the internship you’ve been looking for.
The best and most exciting parts of interning at IMGE? No two days are the same. You will get to work on a wide variety of client projects over the course of the semester and learn about cutting-edge digital marketing tools. We need someone who can dive headfirst into details, juggle a lot of projects at the same time, and communicate effectively with their team on priorities. But most importantly, we need someone who lives and breathes digital.
What will my day look like?
Our summer internship program runs June 1, 2021 through August 13, 2021 (flexible). Our office in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia will be open for interns to work with a small team in the office, with remote options also available. This position is no more than 40 hours a week.
You will provide general support to one of our teams and their suite of clients. You’ll have access to a library of digital marketing training materials and certifications to grow your skill set across our service offerings.
Here’s what we’ll expect you to do:
- Hone your content skills through copywriting, email proofing, and reporting.
- Utilize tools to create cutting-edge multimedia content for emails and social media.
- Keep client websites up to date.
- Support team members administratively through client research, taking meeting minutes, creating and editing presentation decks, and more.
- Think creatively about client strategy with your team.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- Superb communication skills. Could one of your emails, texts, or social posts win a Pulitzer?
- Positive and self-starter attitude. Do you jump at the chance to take on new projects?
- Knowledge of the political landscape and races across the country.
- Affinity toward digital. Do you use Instagram everyday? Cool. But do you understand email marketing campaigns? Even better.
- Ability to write creatively and with brevity in mind. Could you summarize your interest in working with IMGE into a tweet?
Bonus points if you have experience with the Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite products such as Photoshop, and WordPress.
- Competitive hourly compensation
- Virtual Digital Marketing Trainings
- [Virtual] weekly team lunches
- Office Dogs